How to Grow Perennials
Growing perennial flowers in my garden is a great way to liven up my garden without adding any extra work for me.These Perennials flowers are so pretty,colourful and beautiful.They can make me cheerful easily.
Perennial flowers are strong, local flowers that come back every year without having to replant or do any extra work. Interestingly During their off seasons, the flowers and stems die back. even you cant tell the plant is there. When it’s time to bloom, the surprise will happen. Entirely new flowers shoot up where the old ones were.
If you plan to grow Perennials in your garden,here are few tips to consider.
How to Grow Perennials
- Make sure that your soil has proper drainage before deciding to put in perennials. If the water stays saturated for long periods of time, then you should build a raised bed. To test the soil condition, dig a hole and fill it with water. Wait a day.then fill it with water again. All traces of water should be gone within 10 hours. If the hole isn’t completely dry, then you will need to build a raised bed.
- Once you selected the soil condition and decided to grow Perennials,you need to select the right perennials to grow.Picking your perennials can be a complicated process. The goal should be to have them flowering as much as possible during the year.Therefore you should create an outline of the year. Then do some Research on the different types of flower you want.After that create a timeline of flowering. If you plan it right, you can have a different type of flower blooming at any point in the year. Getting just the right mixture of seeds can give your garden a constantly changing array of colors.
- Once you planned the types of flowers that you are going to cultivate,the next step is to buy seeds. When you go to buy the seeds from your local florist or nursery, you will be able to find a custom seed mixture specially produced for your area. It is not very easy to find this type of seeds. However these blends are optimized for the local climate. Therefore the plants will do a great job of having flowers always grow in your garden. The easiest way to find a custom seeds mix is that you can ask the employees of the local store what they think would be a good mixture. They should be happy to help you.
- Use mulch when planting perennials. This will reduce the overall amount of work you have to do. That will reduce the amount of weeds and increase the water retention. Bark or pine needles work great too. As for fertilizer, you should use it sparingly once your plants start to come to life.
- After each above steps, now it is time to plant the seeds. When you actually go to plant the seeds, you should put them in small, separate clumps according to the directions. This is because they tend to spread out, and if you have too many or too close together then they will end up doing nothing but choking each other out. Also throw in a little bit of extremely weak fertilizer when you plant them.
Once you plant the seeds, then wait and see for the flowers. In no time at all you should start to see flowers blooming up.
That will definitely make your day!
Leave a Reply